Wednesday, February 24, 2010

day 16:

i really like this song. the music is tranquil, and harmonious, very characteristic of the weepies, but i also reallyyy like the lyrics. i was just talking to my friend about the last line of mary oliver's poem, In Blackwater Woods : "to live in the world you must be able to do three things: to love what is mortal; to hold it against your bones knowing your own life depends on it; and, when the time comes to let it go, to let it go." well, this song reminds me of this poem.. i feel a connection between the two, like a big circle/cycle/they-go-to-get-her. i don't really know that, but hearing it as i was sitting in my warm bed trying to figure out how to do my geology homework, something clicked, and i got a really bitter sweet vibe from this song. i like it. listen to it. here are the lyrics:



"World Spins Madly On"

Woke up and wished that I was dead
With an aching in my head
I lay motionless in bed
I thought of you and where you'd gone
and let the world spin madly on

Everything that I said I'd do
Like make the world brand new
And take the time for you
I just got lost and slept right through the dawn
And the world spins madly on

I let the day go by
I always say goodbye
I watch the stars from my window sill
The whole world is moving and I'm standing still

Woke up and wished that I was dead
With an aching in my head
I lay motionless in bed
The night is here and the day is gone
And the world spins madly on

I thought of you and where you'd gone
And the world spins madly on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers