Thursday, February 4, 2010

day 12:

why are arcade fire so good?
could it be the lyrics, that sound so whole, and thoughtful, and not like they were made to be a month-long trendy pop song. they are so fucking good. i was casually listening to "keep the car running" and when i heard the 3rd line down from below, i was just like WOWW who writes about animal heaven?! this is great! they are so original and win butler's voice is so suave and somehow rough at the same time. i really dig it.


If some night I don’t come home,
Please don’t think I’ve left you alone.
The same place animals go when they die,
You can’t climb across a mountain so high.
The same city where I go when I sleep,
You can’t swim across a river so deep.
They know my name 'cause I told it to them,
But they don’t know where
And they don’t know
When It’s coming, Oh! when is it coming?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers