Wednesday, January 5, 2011

day 30:


It is 2011. One of my roommates [Gracie] and I were talking about new years resolutions, and she said that she didn't believe in them. For some reason this surprised me, but having lived with Gracie for about 5 months, I should have known better. I don't remember her reasoning exactly, but I think it was something about how we try to start do something in a new, set way with a plan, but we should really just go with the flow. I thought that was kind of a cool way to approach the idea. I don't know how I feel about it, because sometimes I feel like I need a plan, because a plan helps to keep things flowing, at least for me.

Here is a picture of a street in Colonial Beach, which actually connects to the Chesapeake Bay. My art 105 professor would probably say this is a terrible photograph, but I really like it because it has a personal attachment for me. It was from a day Brit and I decided to go find a beach, on a whim, because it was summer time and we were still taking classes, and we wanted a vacation. I think this picture is how I want 2011 to be: as Gracie would say, I want to just go with the flow, doing what makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers